Monday, 7 January 2008
Toe up master
For ages I've been wanting to do the Lolita Legs from knitty but have been scared of their toe up construction, I've actually tried to start them twice, and frogged them back as the toe just didn't work at all. And then I found a square toe cast on and that seemed to fair much better for me! And it was a success! I did have a bit of a problem with the short row heel, but seen as I didn't have to wrap the stitches as they are holey any way, good job...
Just hope they are going to fit now! I'm doing the larger size on smaller needles as my 3.5mm have gone walkies (actually I think I've just remembered where they are..) and I'm hoping that will counter act the effect (pattern didn't give a gauge any way). I'm doing them with Espirit, and it is really stretchy, I keep giving the foot a tug and I'm hoping that it will fit, I'm sure it will.