Wednesday 7 February 2018

Lets get this show on the road

So, its Wednesday and I am starting as I mean to go on! I think I will pick either a show off Sunday or  a work in progress Wednesday depending on how my week is going. Some weeks I'll just be working on stuff and some weeks I will finish things! This week is a bit of both I guess.

Last year I looked at my projects page on Ravelry and felt like I had achieved nothing, or very few projects had been completed compared to a few years ago, I had slowed right down and it made me sad, why did I not do as much? Then I remembered I have a habit of either completing projects on Ravelry and no declaring them as finished (so my list of finished objects looks smaller) or I don't put them on at all, how can that be?

So upon this, I went and found all the things I had finished, but not blocked to make them finished, including ones I had never admitted to starting. I spent a week with my blocking boards taking a beating. In my bedroom I have some built in drawers under the window which is just about big enough to block most shawls, my neighbours most think I am crackers stood in my bedroom window fiddling away on things they can't quite see.




But all in all I got 6 shawls blocked and finished (including one I finished this year, but I didn't leave it hanging around!)

Squish!

What a lovely pile of rainbow-ness! And all now logged on to Ravelry as completed, phew, my total is a nice respectable 20 projects for 2017, not bad!

So I said this week is a bit of both finished and working on, this week I seemed to have picked up my briocheveron shlanket (blame Stephen West for the name!), its easy enough once you get in to it tho I am forever trying to find an easy way to track my rows without having to remember to press a button on my row counter because I get so engrossed with knitting, I forget to do it, so I try and count rows, which isn't always successful, so I am trying a fixed marker on the first row of the pattern repeat, I can count to 14 right? I hope so.

Tale of two decreases
 I am having so much trouble with my brioche left slant decreases tho!They look so messy, no matter how careful I am being not pulling on the yarn too much, my right side in comparison look beautiful, I'm hoping it will block out straight, bah.

Look at that lovely fading yarn!
 The blue yarn is Fleablubs Mr Brightside, its a very bright and happy kind of yarn, just my thing, I have a set of 5 that go from dark blue to light, I didn't know what to make with it, until I saw the pattern I was making, but I needed more, so I decided to make my own fade set to compliment it, so the pink yarn is my own creation, it will go from pink to purple, as the blue yarn goes from dark blue to light blue, I think its going to look fab when it is done! Just need to keep knitting..

Ok so thats me for today, I have been scheming to try to come up with a way to help me finish my bee keeper quilt but I'll leave that for another post as its..complicated! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment