Sunday 13 January 2013

Thingies completed!

Well one week in to my must complete every thing campaign has gone well!
After my blog post last week, I decided to tidy up my corner, yet again! I put alot of yarn away, bagged up all my wip properly, and sorted my patterns out.
I rescued three wip from the wicker basket, one shawl, one hooded scarf (which had been intended as a new pattern..) and a circle cardigan for me.

The shawl was my memories of spring shawl that has been on the go for nearly two years, but I was finding the pattern tough going, not because it was overly difficult, it was the fact it has two stitch patterns of different counts running concurrently and I was finding it hard to keep both tracked, I usually make marks on a piece of paper but it was just doing nothing for me, so I made the decision to frog what I'd done, I wasn't even half way finished, so no big loss!

Untitled
Washed and reskeined the yarn (it was one of those preknitted blanks) so its all ready to go for a new pattern, some day!

The hooded scarf, I had intented on making a new pattern, with some yarn I bought from aldi, but at some point I lost my focus and it lived in my basket for a while, didn't even count it as one of my wip, as I'd forgotten it was there! I was going to frog it back to salvedge the yarn but decided the length I had knitted before the hood increases would still make a good cowl, so sat on my kitchen floor (!) I ripped it back, returned stitches to a needle, bound it off and made a cute cowl for Neala!


That worked out better than expected! (Excuse the xbox controller, I had to interrupt minecraft..)

So on to the cardigan, I bought the yarn for this from Cold Springs mill in Yorkshire, I had gone hoping to get some thing better, but arrived to find lots of bog standard yarn, was slightly disappointed, but not wanting to go home empty handed I bought some bulky yarn in a colour I liked that reminded me of James C Brett marble chunky (still don't know what it is, but its so close feeling wise to marble chunky, it might as well be!), so bought it and immediately cast on for this when I got home, I did work on it rather diligently for a long while but it got lost in the bottom of my box, never to be worked on for months, when I dug it out, I looked at completed versions of the pattern on Rav and noticed it looked rather fab as a short sleeve, and when I measured it up, it was close to being actually finished, so with the addition of short sleeves, I cracked on and got it finished! 

Untitled

Don't think its some thing I'll wear out of the house, and it could still do with a soak and pulling in to shape, but its great for lounging on the couch, very snug! Just glad I found the inspiration to carry on with it! Still a lot of the yarn left too, so all in all, not a bad yarn trip!

Lanesplitter has returned to my hands for the time being, its coming along nicely, just wondering if I should tackle some thing smaller (I've got some socks and a glove waiting) instead of getting bigger stuff done. Not that it matters, but my lanesplitter is good for tv watching as its dead easy to rattle off, I've got a glove to do that are slightly more (read as really really more) complicated, should really thinking about doing that too!

Till next week..


No comments:

Post a Comment