Sunday 24 August 2008

Its all about every one else!

Good job I enjoy just knitting, whether I get to keep the finished product or not!
The Ravelympics come to a close today, and yes I finished my task! It wasn't that difficult to do, and I would have finished alot sooner..if it wasn't for the fact I think I've got the startings of carpal tunnel syndrome, joy!! Getting alot of numbness in my index fingers and my wrists have started aching a fair amount, but I'm sure a trip to the docs would help me greatly...
I did have problems setting in the sleeves on one side, no matter how I tried, it just wouldn't look right, yet the other side looks beautiful! Just my luck...But I still think the overall cardigan its cute!

Snuggly baby bamboo long sleeve Cardigan in snuggle baby bamboo, willow

I've knitted another sock too! Tho this time, it wasn't for me! I knitted a display sock for tigerlilith on Ravelry for her trunk show at K1 Yarns in Edinburgh, I read from her blog that it all went well, and I'm glad I could help out! Even if the pattern nearly gave me nightmares with purling at the start of the row, I was in danger of getting massive laddering, but I discovered a way to twist the stitch to close up the gap and I was saved! Phew! On the strength of this one yarn she sent me to knit the sock, I totally recomend giving her online shop a visit, Old Maiden Aunt, the yarn was super soft and gorgeous, and I can't wait for my "payment" from her in the next few days..you guessed it, yarn, hehe

Monkey sock from knitty, in old maiden aunt superwash merino, cherry.

Before I started my other people knitting, I did manage a couple of things for me, or should I say, things that will stay in the house..
I did a test run of a pattern I want to knit as a blanket, I've got 9 balls of patons melody in a funky rainbow colour, that just screams blanket at me, but with it being such a busy yarn, I can't do any thing patterned, and the thought of knitting it straight..well I can see it staying on the needles for a while, but! I saw the Argosy baby blanket, and its cousin, the dishcloth, and thought hmmm, that could work! Ideal thing being I could knit the dishcloth as a test run to see if I liked the pattern, and I do, tho I slightly underestimated my yarn needs...

opps...

Def watch this space for the full size version!

Oh and my tribbles are breeding again...

Can see them taking over the house eventually!!

No comments:

Post a Comment