Monday 7 January 2008

Toe up master


For ages I've been wanting to do the Lolita Legs from knitty but have been scared of their toe up construction, I've actually tried to start them twice, and frogged them back as the toe just didn't work at all. And then I found a square toe cast on and that seemed to fair much better for me! And it was a success! I did have a bit of a problem with the short row heel, but seen as I didn't have to wrap the stitches as they are holey any way, good job...
Just hope they are going to fit now! I'm doing the larger size on smaller needles as my 3.5mm have gone walkies (actually I think I've just remembered where they are..) and I'm hoping that will counter act the effect (pattern didn't give a gauge any way). I'm doing them with Espirit, and it is really stretchy, I keep giving the foot a tug and I'm hoping that it will fit, I'm sure it will.

3 comments:

  1. Well done for persevering with toe-ups! I'm looking forward to seeing a pic. I've looked at that pattern a few times, but I'm afraid I just don't have the legs for it. LOL.

    I love how you have your WIPs displayed in the sidebar too, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the legs for it either! Well, longer skirt to cover the top halves, bottoms are fine :-D
    And I did the side bar in Ravelry, theres a thread going where you can ask Casey for access, took a bit of tweaking but its all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... this skirt thing of which you speak... I think I wore one of those in 2002. :D

    Thanks for the heads up on the bars. I think I'll investigate.

    ReplyDelete